I feel like I rarely do beauty posts. Although I do post hair tutorials all the time, the other side of beauty (skinecare & makeup) I rarely touch on. Not sure why these types of blog posts are few and far between because I do love beauty! Anyways, today I’m going to be sharing my “daily” makeup must haves. I say daily very lightly because I definitely do not wear a full face of makeup everyday. But when I do decided to get fully ready on a day-to-day basis, these are the products I go for!
Like I’ve said before, skincare and makeup are one of the few things I don’t mind splurging on. Although sometimes it takes a little extra saving up, it is definitely worth it for me.
- Milani Easy Brown Mechanical Pencil – I’m pretty new to the whole brow thing. I’d say I started getting into it towards the end of the summer. Now, I definitely do not do a huge crazy brow routine or anything. I just like to define them a little while still keeping things natural looking. From what I have tried so far, this is by far one of my favorites! I feel that not many people have heard of Milani, but it’s definitely a great drugstore brand to check out!
- It Cosmetics You Skin But Better CC Cream – This stuff is like magic. I really do not like the look and feel of foundation on me. I like having the coverage, but at the same time I don’t want my skin to look too makeupy (is that even a real word??). And this is the perfect happy medium. It feels like almost nothing on the skin, has a beautifully natural finish, and the coverage is amazing for a CC cream! Although it is marketed as full coverage, I wouldn’t exactly call it full coverage; definitely closer to medium coverage. I have been using this for over a year now and just purchased my third tube. I highly recommend!
- Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder – I tried this last December after getting a Sephora gift card and treating myself a little. This powder gives you a natural matte look, if that’s a thing? It definitely does not keep you matte all day, but that doesn’t bother me! You’ll hear about my love for highlighter in a little. Also, this never looks powdery or cakey which I’m a huge fan of. I like to wear makeup without it obviously looking like I’ve packed on makeup (even though I have haha).
- Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer – Again this is a product I have used for years, yes multiple years. I discovered this concealer either my sophomore or junior year of high school and I haven’t looked back since. It really is full coverage like stated. When you put this on it will not budge until you take it off. I’ve even worn this in the pool and it was still intact afterwards! I know it sounds weird to go swimming in full makeup, but it was the end of a long day at Disney and who has the time to take off your full face of makeup when you’re dripping sweat and there’s a pool?? Not this girl.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush – I’ve been using this blush for probably almost a year now. Hence why I didn’t show the inside of it in any pictures; it’s pretty roughed up… or I guess you could call it well-loved? The color of this blush is perfect. Just bright enough to brighten up your face, but also more on the nude side enough to almost look like a light contour. I tend to focus my blush towards the back of my cheek bones, it gives the overall look of a light contour while also still giving your face a little color, like I said maybe 3 seconds ago haha. It does claim to be a 12 hour blush, but honestly I rarely pay attention to its staying power. That’s probably sad considering I’ve worn it almost everyday for a year.
- Benefit Cosmetics High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter – Back in the 9th grade, high beam was actually the very first high end makeup product I purchased/owned! And still to this day I love it. I have definitely gone through phases of highlighters, but I always make my way back to High Beam. It definitely gives quite the glow! I tend to use it under my cc cream (number 2) for a more natural looking highlight. Pretty much ever since I started getting into makeup I have been obsessed with highlight. I’ve also learned the hard way that you can in fact use too much highlight.
- CoverGirl Full Lash Bloom Waterproof – To start with, I have naturally super straight eyelashes, so straight that without mascara I basically don’t have any. My little secret to keeping them curled is to use waterproof mascara! With an eyelash curler and some waterproof mascara you can have the eyelashes you always dreamed of. I’m sure other mascaras work for this too, I’ve just personally always had the best results from CoverGirl mascaras. In the past I’ve loved the Lash Blast Volume (the one in the orange tube) but right now I’m all about this one. It’s super natural and doesn’t make your lashed crunchy; they stay soft to the touch!
- Nivea Lip Butter – I’m just now realizing I put the wrong flavor/sent in the picture… oopsies. I have the one in “cocoa butter kiss”, which is what I have linked. Since I do like to keep things natural, this is usually all I do for lips. I like to put it on at the start of my makeup. When you first put it on it does give off a little bit of a white tint to the lips, but after about 10 minutes it looks super glossy and pretty. Plus your lips will be super soft!
Hope you enjoyed my little commentary on each product!
Thanks for reading.
Love, Hannah lee