You have probably seen these dutch pigtails, or boxer braids, all over the internet lately. It has become so popular and I’m really loving it! I think it is a super cute and trendy way to keep your hair out of your face. Especially during any workout! I also love how this look can be transformed from sporty tight braids to lose boho braids with one simple step!
I hope you all enjoy these dutch pigtails! Keep reading for a quick and easy tutorial.
- Start off by parting your hair directly down the middle and separating your hair into 2 equal sections.
2. Then begin a tight dutch braid at the top of one of the sections. My tutorial for dutch braids can be found here! Make sure the braid is in the middle of the section, like above, not directly down the back of your head.
3. Once all your hair is added in continue with a regular braid down the rest of your hair.
4. Then repeat on the same process on the other section.
Tip: If you have a hard time braiding super tight to you head, like I do, try bobby pinning the braids to the nape of your neck, like shown above.
5. Next, you can pull apart your braids to add some volume. This step is optional, but you know I had to add it in!
Thanks for reading loves! As usual, be sure to share you recreation of this look with me over on Instagram!
Love, Hannah Lee