I did this half-up fishtail for the first time a few weeks ago on mother’s day and really liked it. I was inspired by this pin on Pinterest. But there was no tutorial, so today I am creating my own version of this look! This look is super simple but also super cute. I feel like I say that about every look I do, but it’s true! I think this hair-do would look good on all lengths of hair also, which is always a plus.
- If you are totally new to braids, check out my tutorial for all the basic braids here. For those of you who know how to fishtail, this is an inverted fishtail, which means you place the sections under instead of over. You are also adding sections of hair into this braid making it a dutch fishtail. For a clearer description of the beginning of this braid check out this video of mine. Continue adding in hair until you reach above your ear then finish off the braid with the regular fishtail.
2. Once your fishtail is done, pull it apart and loosen it up. Then tie it off with a small elastic.
SIDE NOTE: For this look I like to hide all my hair ties; I think it adds a little something to the look. You can check out my quick tutorial for this here.
3. Next, section off a medium-sized section above your ear on the opposite side of your part.
4. Gather the section of hair and the fishtail together and tie them off with an elastic. Then cover the elastic with a section of hair, you can find my quick tutorial for that here!
5. Lastly add a very loose 3 strand braid to the other section of the two tied off sections.
And you are done!
I hope you guys enjoy this half-up fishtail tutorial and give it a try! Remember to share your recreations with me on Instagram. I have loads of ideas for hair tutorials right now, so the next couple weeks will be fun!
As always, thanks for reading.