In my family My Mom is pretty much known for her cookies. Holidays would not be the same without them. So I thought it would be fun to share her recipes with you guys! We have the classic chocolate chip and the pin wheel cookie; which is something that was created in my family, or at least that is what we like to think! I’m sure other people make these, but I’ve never met anyone other than my family that does! Everyone loves her cookies and always looks forward to them on special occasions. Now, enough rambling and onto the baking!! No one can make them quite like my mom does, so good luck. haha!
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In one bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a second larger bowl, one at a time, mix together the softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. In the order listed. This step can also be done in a mixer.
- Slowly add your dry ingredient into the larger bowl, while mixing, until all of the dry ingredients are mixed in.
- After dough is fully mixed together begin to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in the fridge for 30-60 minutes. This all depends on how long you are willing to wait; the longer the better though!
- Place tablespoon sized dough balls onto your cookie sheet approximately an inch and a half apart from each other.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges become golden. My mom says the secret is not to over cook them!
- Let them cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes, then enjoy!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cold cut up butter
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup cinnamon and sugar combined
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, quickly mix flour and salt.
- Then, add butter and pulse until butter is around the size of a pea.
- Now slowly add cold water and continue pulsing until dough forms into a ball.
- Remove dough from food processor, separate into two equal half’s and roll out. (pictures below)
- Spread 2 tbsp melted butter onto each rolled out dough ball and generously sprinkle cinnamon sugar until dough is covered. (pictures below)
- Roll up into a log and place in fridge for an approximately an hour. (pictures below)
- Once chilled, remove from fridge and slice into small sections. (pictures below)
- Place the sections onto cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, allow to cool on a cooling rack, and enjoy!!
I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed making it!!
If you try any of these be sure to lets me know.
As always, thanks for reading.
Love, Hannah Lee