One of my very first hair tutorials was on a french pull through braid, check it out here, and today’s tutorial is a little spin on that look! This pull through ponytail is super easy and adorable. I have a thing for pull through braids, I just love how big and voluminous they can be!
- Start by gathering your hair into a high ponytail.
2. Then, cover your hair elastic with a small section of hair. You can check out my tutorial for that here!
3. For the braid, start by splitting your ponytail into two sections, one on the top and one on the bottom. Then tie off the top section with small hair elastic.
4. Like shown above, split the tied off section into two, creating a hole. Then, pull the bottom section through the opening. Hence the name pull through braid!
5. Tie off your new top section and repeat the step above.
6. Repeat this process down the ponytail, then secure with a hair elastic.
6. Lastly pull apart the braid to add some volume!
If you give this pull through ponytail a try be sure to show me your recreations with me on Instagram!