Lately I’ve been way more aware of what I am feeding my body. Not that I wasn’t before. But now I actually want to be eating things that are good for me. This is one of my favorite “good for you” breakfasts, vanilla chia seed pudding and a strawberry, blueberry, and banana smoothie! They are delicious both together and separately.
Chia seeds are something I have been working into my diet for the past year. They are packed with antioxidants, fiber, and protein! It is super easy to sprinkle them onto pretty much anything, but this time they are the main focus of the meal.
Not going to lie, the first time I made this I was not impressed. The original recipe I tried did not have enough flavor/sweetness to it. It basically tasted like nothing. I couldn’t understand why people loved it so much. So I tried it again. But, this time it was actually good. And that is why I’m sharing it with you!
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- Mix milk, vanilla, & honey together. Add in brown sugar if you like something a little sweeter.
- Add in chia seeds and stir.
- Refrigerate over night in a sealed container.
- Get creative with your toppings. I like fresh fruit, coconut flakes, cinnamon, a smoothie, yogurt or honey.
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 fresh banana
- 1/2 cup blueberry coconut yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Enjoy alone or with chia pudding.
I hope you all enjoyed this post! Give it a try and let me know how you like it.
Thanks for reading!
Love, Hannah Lee